Do you want to give your living room a new look ? The sofa is an excellent starting point, since it is a central element of the room. And why not go for a leather sofa? Of all the materials, leather is one of the most popular : timeless, chic and elegant, it fits well into any living room.
Be careful, however, to choose your leather sofa carefully if you want it to be comfortable and durable . Before making the purchase, make sure that all the elements of the sofa correspond to your needs, and that the color and type of the leather lends itself well to your room.
The advantages of a leather sofa
The leather sofa is timeless, so it's a safe bet. Elegant , it is often the most important furniture in the living room , and defines the atmosphere of it.
In addition, it has some significant advantages:
- In terms of looks , leather is a material that ages well . It acquires a patina over time, which gives it even more charm;
- Maintenance is also simple . You can easily clean a stain with a damp cloth without leaving a trace;
- This is a material that offers unparalleled thermal comfort. Contrary to popular belief, a leather sofa is warm in winter and cool in summer;
- It is durable. Leather sofas keep their beauty longer than those made of other materials.
Which leather to choose for your sofa?
Quality sofas are usually made of calfskin or cowhide. These two different types of skins have very similar qualities of solidity and flexibility , only the thickness of the grain varies. The calf leather has a very fine grain and is very soft to the touch. Cowhide leather has a semi-thick grain, it is the most common.
At Casavogue , the vast majority of our leather sofas are made from cowhide. The thickness of the leather can vary according to the models, generally between 1.2 and 1.5 mm. For eco-friendly leather sofas of exceptional quality, check out our sectional sofa Bertè.
What else should you consider when choosing your leather sofa?
The structure of the leather sofa
The structure gives the sofa its shape and guarantees its solidity. The best sofas have a solid wood frame, reinforced with chipboard panels.
The suspension, an important element of any leather sofa
Two types of suspension are used in the market: arc springs and elastic straps. Springs provide a firmer hold, while elastic straps are softer. Your choice will therefore be based on the level of comfort desired.
Choosing the right type of filling
The upholstery of your sofa consists of foam. There are different types of foams, of varying qualities . High resilience (HR) polyurethane foams have the best characteristics. They provide excellent support and increase the life of the sofa.
Choose the seat density of your leather sofa
The density of the foam will allow, according to the tastes of each, to have a comfortable seat. Indeed, the denser the foam, the less likely the sofa is to sag over the years. Polyurethane (PU) foam is generally recommended, which must have a density of 30 to 35 kg/m³ on the seat and 20 to 25 kg/m³ on the backrest.
Finally, what color should you choose for your leather sofa?
The color of a sofa, whether leather or fabric, is important: it will define the atmosphere of the room and must adapt to the style of furniture you already have in order to create a pleasant whole. Here are some safe bets:
- The black leather sofa : the classy and elegant touch. Combine with lacquered glass or wooden furniture;
- The white leather sofa : for a refined atmosphere. A white sofa will bring a touch of softness to your living room, right in the Scandinavian trend;
- The gray leather sofa : the timeless, it has a wide palette ranging from light gray to dark gray. The advantage of a gray sofa is that it blends with all interior styles. The current trend is for the charcoal shade;
- The chocolate leather sofa : for a cozy interior. The chocolate sofa is ideal if you are looking for a warm atmosphere. You can combine it with colors such as taupe, beige, brown or linen.
For a durable and comfortable leather sofa, choose CASAVOGUE
As you have understood, the notoriety of the leather sofa is not ready to die out, because of its many advantages, whether in terms of design, comfort or reliability . Long live your leather sofa!